Albert Einstein is arguably the most famous physicist of all time.
But he wasn’t just a brilliant physicist, however.
As you’ll see from some of the following quotes, he was also a remarkably wise and had incredible insights on society.
1. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.”
2. “Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.”
4. “I am by heritage a Jew, by citizenship a Swiss, and by makeup a human being, and only a human being, without any special attachment to any state or national entity whatsoever.”
5. “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.”
6. “People are like bicycles. They can keep their balance only as long as they keep moving.”
7. “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.”
8. “Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.”
9. “The state of mind which enables a man to do work of this kind … is akin to that of the religious worshipper or the lover; the daily effort comes from no deliberate intention or program, but straight from the heart.”
10. “I am absolutely convinced that no wealth in the world can help humanity forward, even in the hands of the most devoted worker in this cause. The example of great and pure individuals is the only thing that can lead us to noble thoughts and deeds. Money only appeals to selfishness and irresistibly invites abuse. Can anyone imagine Moses, Jesus, or Gandhi armed with …money-bags?”
from Property UpdateProperty Update https://propertyupdate.com.au/11-incisive-quotes-albert-einstein/